Tips to Prevent and Spread infection
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when sneezing, coughing or blowing your nose. Discard used tissues in the trash as soon as you can.
- Always wash your hands after sneezing, blowing your nose, or coughing, or after touching used tissues or handkerchiefs.
- Use warm water and soap to wash your hands. If you don’t have soap and water, use alcohol-base hand gel or disposable wipes.
- Try to stay home if you have a cough and fever.
- See your doctor as soon as you can if you have a cough and fever, and follow their instructions. Take medicine as prescribed and get lots of rest.
- If asked, use face masks provided in your doctor’s office or clinic’s waiting room. Follow office or clinic staff instructions to help stop the spread of germs.
Keep the germs away:
- Wash your hands before eating, or touching your eyes, nose or mouth.
- Wash your hands after touching anyone who is sneezing, coughing or blowing their nose.
- Don’t share things like towels, lipstick, toys, or anything else that might be contaminated with respiratory germs.
- Don’t share food, utensils or beverage containers with others.