Healthy Thanksgiving Day Habits...
A recent study showed that the average person gains 1-2 lbs. during the holiday. While that may not seem like much, the study went on to say that those people were not likely to lose that weight in the New Year.
Here are some great tips to keep off those unwanted holiday weight gain:
1. Drink two full glasses of water 1 hour before mealtime. This will make sure you stay hydrated and help you to feel fuller come mealtime.
2. Surround yourself with people who fill your cup emotionally, spiritually, and mentally. That way you aren't eating for comfort or stress.
3. Try not to snack before the main meal. If you must, go for the fiber rich snacks like veggies and fruit.
4. Lean on those healthy food habits you have already established. Paleo, Keto, and Whole 30 can all be incorporated into a Thanksgiving Meal.
5. Instead of crashing on the couch after eating, take 15-20 mins and walk around the neighborhood to avoid bloating, increase circulation and promote digestion.