"The lymphatic system is the body's inner "drainage system.
The lymphatic system is a critical part of the immune system and plays a vital role in protecting us from illness and disease-causing inflammation.
According to Cancer UK, this works because . . .
"as the blood circulates around the body, fluid leaks out from the blood vessels unto the body issues. This fluid carries food to the cells and bathes the body tissues to form tissue fluid. The fluid then collects waste products, bacteria, and damages cells, as well as any cancer cells if present. This fluid then drains into the lymph system. The lymph then flows through the lymph vessels into the lymph glands, which filter out any bacteria and damaged cells."
Once filtered, the lymph leaves the glands and moves into larger lymphatic vessels to the thoracic duct at the base of the neck. Lymph is then released back into the bloodstream, free of any harmful infection or bacteria.
The lymphatic system also helps to maintain fluid balance within the body. The fluid loss (approximately 2 liters a day) would cause dehydration if the lymphatic system did not take it from the tissues, clean it, and recirculate it into the body (John Stoddard Cancer Center, 2017).
Listen to Dr. Robyn's next YOUNGER podcast episode and learn:
- The role of the lymphatic system
- The anatomy of the lymphatic system
- How the lymphatic system works
- Ways to maintain your fluid balance
- Causes of swelling in th lymph nodes
- A list of common dis-eases affecting the lymphatic system
- Symptoms of lymphatic fatique
- How immunity-boosting lymphatic support is within reach
- Ways to keep hydrated
- Solutions to increase circulation
- Stress relief for a healthy lymphatic system
- The benefits of practiced breath
- How to easily brush away toxins
- A fun way to stimulate your system by getting "cozy"
- Nutrient packed recipes for a healthy lympathic system
- Easy healthy snacks for those attacks
- How to manage the elimination process
- A way to fight inflammation with turmeric
"Turmeric is excellent for its naturally occurring anti-inflammatory proprerties, which can help with inflammation in the body caused by stress and poor diet."
Are You Ready for a Transformational Trip to Chile in 2024?
[click onto the image below for more info]